The extraordinary BOJA 78 of last November 9, 2020, established the measures and restrictions to be adopted depending on the level of alert and degree declared in each health district. The Provincial Committees that “order” the measures and restrictions to be applied based on the infection rate in each municipality meet every Monday and Thursday weekly. Therefore, the measures adopted by the Provincial Committee usually go into effect on the Wednesday and Saturday following their meeting.
For instance, as of yesterday, Thursday, January 21, when the Provincial Committee met, Marbella had not exceeded the threshold of 1,000 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, therefore, they did not order the closure of restaurants and non-essential services in this municipality. However, in Ronda this threshold had been exceeded, therefore, the closure of restaurants and non-essential businesses in that municipality has been ordered and will come into effect from 00:00 on Saturday, January 23, 2021.
Following our previous example, if Marbella exceeds the threshold of 1,000 cases during this weekend, when the Provincial Committee meets next Monday, they could order the closure of restaurants and non-essential activities from next Wednesday, January 27, but today we are not certain that this threshold will be exceeded over the weekend.
If you want to anticipate and organize your business according to the possible order of the closure of restaurants and non-essential services, we recommend that you consult the evolution of the contagion index by municipalities at the following link: https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/institutodeestadisticaycartografia/badea/operaciones/consulta/anual/38674?CodOper=b3_2314&codConsulta=38674
Regarding the measures and restrictions that affect level 4 grade 2, which would correspond to an incidence of infections exceeding 1,000 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, we remind you that among others they are:
- Closure of shops to the public, with the exception of retail establishments for food, beverages, products and essential goods, health centers, services and establishments, social and socio-health services, parapharmacy, veterinary centers or clinics, food markets, hygienic products, professional and financial services, press, bookstore and stationery, florist, fuel, mechanical workshops, repair services and construction material, hardware stores, vehicle technical inspection stations, tobacconists, technological and telecommunications equipment, home delivery services, dry cleaners, laundries and hairdressers.
- Closure to the public of sports facilities and sports centers for the performance of physical activity that is not outdoors, except for the practice of official sports activity of a non-professional or professional nature. Non-federated sports competitions and events of any age category and federated ones are temporarily suspended, with the exception of the age categories from 16 years to the absolute category.
- All restaurants, servicing both indoors and on terraces, are suspended. The following are excepted from this suspension
- Home delivery services. Likewise, food delivery services of a social or charitable nature.
- The restaurants of tourist accommodation establishments, which may remain open as long as it is for the exclusive use of their clients.
- Integrated restaurant services in health, social and health centers and services, school canteens and canteen services of a social nature.
- Other restoration services for training centers not included in the preceding paragraph, and restoration services for work centers for workers.
- The catering services of the fuel supply establishments or loading or unloading centers or the vending of prepared food, in order to enable the professional activity of driving, compliance with the regulations on driving and rest times, and other essential activities to carry out freight or passenger transport operations.
- Visits to residential centers for the elderly are suspended, except for individual circumstances in which the application of additional measures of care, humanization and end of life is necessary. Contact between residents and family members through videoconferences, telephone calls, or any other means that facilitates contact will be guaranteed by the management of the center.
- The holding in person of congresses, conferences, business meetings, professional meetings, seminars, meetings of owners’ associations and similar events is suspended.
- The in-person celebration of public shows, recreational and cultural activities is suspended.
- Activity is suspended in all recreational or gambling establishments.
- The opening to the public of museums, cinemas, theaters, and in general of all those establishments or activities in general whose purpose is recreation, leisure, recreation or entertainment is suspended. Notwithstanding the foregoing, activities, works or shows of a cultural nature and their recording will be allowed to be broadcast through any audiovisual or digital medium, respecting hygiene and prevention measures in the field of culture.
- The opening of clubs, gastronomic, cultural, recreational associations or similar establishments is suspended.
- Exceptions from the closing measure are those who carry out food delivery and distribution tasks with solidarity or charity.
We remind you that you can know the level of alert and degree that affects your municipality at the following link: https://www.mapacovid.es/